Friday, October 2, 2009

So Much for Chicago


The big news event of the day was the announcement of the site for the Summer Olympic Games in 2016. For the past couple of weeks this has been a growing news story, especially since President Barack Obama has gone to the Olympic committee to speak on the city's behalf.

This news came as a shock to me. Personally, I thought once Barack Obama went to the Olympic committee it was a sure thing for the city of Chicago. After all of the discussions about how much the Olympics could help restore not only America's image internationally but give a boost to our economy.

The city of Chicago was in a state of shock after believing that they were one of the favorites. However, not only did Chicago not win the bid. They came in dead last of the four finalists. I for one wanted to see the Olympics back here in the United States, but it doesn't look like that will happen until at least 2020.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on the news. I was sure that they would get the Olympics in 2016, especially once Oprah jumped on the band wagon. I guess Oprah isn't the ruler of the world after all.

    ReplyDelete